1. It takes time to apply lashes properly, so do a few trial runs first to get comfortable with using them, Drummond suggests.
2. Strips are probably the easiest option for Halloween purposes as opposed to individual lashes, but make sure you cut them to fit your eyes perfectly.
3. Curl your lashes before applying faux lashes because it will help the look hold better. You can also apply mascara before and after application if you want.
4. After applying eye lash glue, let it dry a little before applying falsies. “The glue thickens as it dries, and it’s easier to manipulate,” Drummond explains.
5. Start applying the lashes at the inner corner of the eye, and make sure you get as close to the lashline as possible. Drummond suggests using a toothpick to push the lash into place.
6. Take your time. “The glue takes a few minutes to dry, so you have plenty of time to adjust,” Drummond says.
The best place to pick up a pair of faux lashes in time for the weekend? Head to Sephora or the costume store for ultra-glam options, but the drugstore also carries them if you are in a pinch!
Christopher Drummond is a celebrity make up artist and creator of Christopher Drummond Beauty, a natural and organic-based cosmetics line. For more information, visit christopherdrummond.com.