Glee’s Dianna Agron looked fabulous at the Grammys with an edgy, rocker-chic updo. Ready to try this look yourself? Stylist Renè Fris gives us a few tips:
1. Apply a texturizing cream to damp hair.
2. Blow dry hair thoroughly using a paddle brush.
3. To create the up-do, brush the bottom half layer of hair tightly against your heard. Gather the hair into a pony tail at the back of your head, allowing the top half to be loose.
4. Use a rounded brush to “muss up” the hair on top of the head. Then wrap the pony tail around its base and secure into a bun with pins.
5. Finish the look off with a sufficient layer of hair spray!
Renè Fris is a stylist at the Carsten Aveda Institute in New York and the founder of ReneFris.com. He has appeared on European Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and Bravo’s Shear Genius.