Last week we showed you the three wackiest beauty styles
from New York Fashion Week, but we are happy to report this week that not everything that goes down the runway is bizarre and wild - here are six spring 2011 beauty looks we loved
(and that you should try!) from New York’s and London’s fashion weeks:
From top left to bottom right:
1. Long waves at Alice + Olivia. This look defines effortlessly chic - or “hippie chic.” We also love that the model is wearing a structured hat and statement jewelry with such a laidback hair style.
2. Messy with strong brows at Proenza Schouler. We’ve always believed that it’s the eyebrows that make or break a face, and we’ve never seen a better example than at Proenza Schouler’s spring 2011 show. The models appear to be wearing little make up and their hair is strategically messy and undone, but their strong, well-groomed and defined brows add definition to their faces.
3. Side parts and volume at Acne. It’s the hair every girl dreams of: long, smooth, and voluminous with a perfect subtle wave.
4. Curled side bangs at 3.1 Phillip Lim. This look is a little more playful and eye-catching than some of the other hair styles we spotted throughout the past two weeks (although it’s definitely not too out there to try yourself).
5. Orange lids at Derek Lam.
Orange will definitely have its moment this spring, and why not try some on your eyes? We love Estee Lauder creative make up director Tom Pecheux’s fresh take on this hue - he actually used lipstick
to create the look!
6. Half-up hair at Matthew Williamson. This chic and simple style is perfect for those days you skipped the shampoo but don’t want to give up and throw your hair into a bun.
What do you think of these beauty trends? What style are you most excited to try?
Images and information is from style.com and palacinka.com.