When temperatures soar and humidity is practically unbearable, your makeup and hair can easily end up looking sloppy or frizzy. Your eyeliner is running, your foundation has sweat off, and your once-sleek hair has turned puffy. To combat the powers of nature, we found some great beauty products that will keep you looking cool and collected instead of drippy and frazzled.
1. Instead of using a powder foundation to keep oil and shine at bay, start your day off with a mattifying lotion, like mark. Matte Chance Mattifying Lotion
, $16 at Avon
. The oil-free moisturizer contains a super blend of oil absorbers to create a matte finish, as well as sugar cane to keep skin fresh and glowing.
2. Skip the blow dry and flat iron post-shower, since the humidity will undo it within hours anyways. Spritz on some leave-in conditioner to keep hair moisturized, then put it into braids or a messy bun until mostly dry (letting it dry freely will allow hair to expand). We love Frederic Fekkai Beachcomber Leave-In Conditioner
, $23 at Lord & Taylor
3. To keep your skin shine-free throughout the day, keep some oil-absorbing sheets in your bag to blot your face with. These Clean & Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets
, $6 for two packs at Target
, will remove oil but won’t smudge your make up.
4. Waterproof mascara is a must-have in hot weather, unless you want black streaks running down your face! Our top pick is Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara
, a steal at only $4 at Target
5. If you’re worried about sweat, try switching to The Body Shop’s DeoDry deodorant
. The newly launched antiperspirant deoesn’t contain pore-blocking aluminum - it uses volcanic minerals to absorb moisture and essential oils to tackle odor-causing bacteria. We love the unisex Cool & Zesty citrus scent! Buy it for $8 at The Body Shop