Q. I love the shirtdresses that are in trend this spring, but I'm having a difficult time finding one that I like in my size. I wear plus sizes, and the dresses I see in the stores look like something from my grandma's closet. Do you have any suggestions on where to find plus-sized shirtdresses that look trendy, instead of elderly?
A. Plus-sized clothing doesn't have to be boring. Check out StyleBakery's Sweet Sites for Special Sizes
; there are some great shops and department stores online that carry clothing for teens with curves. In addition to plus-sizes, look for extended-sizes in the Junior department. Also, if you don't see plus-sizes at your favorite store in the mall, check out the store's website. There's a chance that plus-sizes and extended-sizes are exclusive to the online store.
Here are some shirtdresses with modern details that will keep you looking gorgeous, not grandmotherly.
1. Sele Plus Size Belted Charmeuse Shirtdress, $69 at macys.com
2. Women's Plus Safari Shirt Dresses, $32.50 at oldnavy.com
3. Shirt Dress by Four Stars, $44.50 at alloy.com
4. Ruby Rox "Times Square" Dress, $66 at alight.com
5. Sutton Studio Exclusive Stretch Cotton Double Breasted Dress, $169 at bloomingdales.com
6. Shirt Dress in Camel, $129 at igigi.com